Author Topic: Will android ever be updated again...  (Read 3108 times)

DeathToDunces

• View Profile
Will android ever be updated again...
« on: June 14, 2014, 08:57:13 PM »
...Or will the developing team just ignore it indefinitely? I'm frustrated due to the lack of updates. A friend who has an Apple product is five updates ahead, and getting new ones regularly. I get emails informing me of new updates for iOS, but I've never gotten one for android and I've had the game close to six months on my kindle. Why is android so far behind?

As for other items of note, please refer to my post in Help and Support titled something along the lines of "Why is android so far behind? And two other bugs".

I would like an admin statement. The post in help and support has been ignored for the past month. Dev support for this game is terrible. Nonexistent. I am not impressed.

h0bd0b1in

• View Profile
Re: Will android ever be updated again...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 08:23:51 PM »
I'm not a dev but maybe I can shed a bit of light?

With developing applications, it's a WHOLE lot easier developing apps for iOS than it is Android. Apple provides you with the SDK and basically you have 3 devices to code for; iPhone/iPod, iPad, and Retina. Development is also highly scalable, so it's easy to scale from iPhone/iPod to iPad, and from regular to Retina resolution. Additionally, there's a simulator built in to Xcode.

Now look at Android. Google develop the OS. That's as far as their involvement goes. They make it available to the public to do with as they like. Each device manufacturer then "ports" Android to each of their devices, so that's HTC, LG, Samsung, Motorola etc. Think how many different devices there are from each of these manufacturers, each running completely different hardware, a different flavour of OS, and running at different resolutions. This fragmented ecosystem is what makes coding for Android so difficult. So now, the devs have to make sure the code runs on ALL of these devices, as well as porting the frameworks that are so readily available in iOS to Android, many of which are proprietary.

As far as I know, there aren't that many devs working on this game, and considering they originally released on iOS, I'm going to assume they're more comfortable developing for that? That won't leave them much time to port the code stably to Android. Even if they dedicated a little bit of time to Android dev, it would still take a LOT of testing to get a decent, stable version out. As it stands, even the iOS releases are quite buggy! And now, to top it off, instead of dedicating time to getting Android updates out, you want them to waste time on here explaining this to you? ;)
Post helped? Don't forget to click the "Applaud" button to say thanks. :)

AlexTheBomb123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 12:46:47 AM »
i dont know and i dont think sorry guys

netdomon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 12:36:41 PM »
i dont know sorry