Author Topic: How The Sandbox can be improved: Campaigns  (Read 6720 times)

Zufeng

• I hate reposts and chain posts on Sandbox
    • View Profile
How The Sandbox can be improved: Campaigns
« on: January 18, 2013, 05:57:13 AM »
What makes this sandbox game different form others is mainly the campaign mode. This means that the developers should focus on this and add more campaign content (after fixing bugs).
Campaign mode needs:
  • More campaigns with more levels
  • Some campaigns that can be bought in different ways (achievements, mana, completing other campaigns)
  • More restrictions on some campaign levels such as in Lonely Human (bar user from using eraser, tnt, electro, temperature system, ect)

Campaigns with a storyline such as Lonely Human are a good idea, they don't always need to have humans in them either.

One thing that puts people off from buying them is the cost for content.
 e.g. I  bought Lonely Human for several dollars, then completed it in under half an hour.

AnonUser1

• View Profile
Re: How The Sandbox can be improved: Campaigns
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 08:23:54 AM »
:D they should put in a special level pack that is secret, along with a secret element like gold, and if you erase the one gold in one of the basic levels, it opens up a new level pack and you get gold! Something like that?
Ps why is eraser and tnt and electros in the lonely human campaign bad?

Zufeng

• I hate reposts and chain posts on Sandbox
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 04:02:16 AM »
Sometimes restrictions need to be put on levels. e.g. disable eraser(because you could erase key parts of the level, or just to make it harder)

questionlife

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 08:13:17 PM »
I think campaigns should be able to be earned without the NEED for money. Once you've finished the initial story campaign you still have to buy lots of elements, but say you buy all the elements, then what? You're stuck in free mode unless you put some cash down, and sure, the devs need the cash to pay the staff to fix bugs and work on new content , but free players also get bored quickly when its just free mode, especially if they only play very casually.

So, an idea for how to EARN campaigns:

Introduce a new currency, lets call it RATING DOLLARS (as that's what it is), if you can earn x amount of ratings you can then spend it on either elements you're missing or on unlocking a new campaign. It would have to be limited so it can't be abused, like say you need 50+ ratings to get your first RATING DOLLAR and you need at least 5 RATING DOLLARS for the cheapest campaign.

I understand the intention is to turn to user-based campaigns and if this is the case then it would be nice to be able (through hard work, time and effort) to be able to earn what others got for a few dollars eventually. A user-based campaign will mean nearly infinite amount of stages to play so I'll be interested to see what Pixowl do in the future.