Author Topic: Why won't the ipad let me restore my purchases  (Read 9824 times)

Brian567899

• View Profile
Why won't the ipad let me restore my purchases
« on: July 28, 2012, 03:33:36 PM »
I have made sure I'm logged into the same game center account as well as itunes account on my ipad. I have everything on my iphone. When I hit restore purchases on ipad, it lets me enter my itunes password and then nothing happens. I can enter it as many times as i like without any results. I have The New Ipad, running the latest OS, and I liked this game but it's starting to make me frustrated.

onimatrix

• View Profile
Re: Why won't the ipad let me restore my purchases
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 06:50:02 PM »
The only purchase that can be restored (because it's the only non consumable one) is the Basic Elements Pack.

Have you bought it on the iPhone?

Brian567899

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 07:46:18 PM »
Yes I have bought it.

onimatrix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 08:19:53 PM »
Does it ask you to login to iTunes when you press Restore Purchases?

grimofdoom

• YO!
    • View Profile
    • yournamehere
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 10:12:54 PM »
not to sound like a jerk, but he says it right in his first post:
", it lets me enter my itunes password and then nothing happens"

>.>
Call me....bob..or G.O.D.,which ever.

onimatrix

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 06:50:51 AM »
Oh, thanks for this, I completely missed it :)

Well Brian, Restore Purchases doesn't work for you although it should and for most people it does.
Apple should send us the "Brian has purchased this and this in the past" message after you enter your iTunes account data.

What's worse, if a user tries to buy it again, Apple tells them that they already have it and it "purchases" it again... but not before showing a popup asking you for more money.
I'll try to reproduce this in about ten hours, when I reach the office. I don't have two devices to try this at home.

Sorry for the trouble!

Rasputinish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 12:51:59 PM »
I'm having a similar issue listed to the one above, but I'm not sure if it's going to be resolved with the 1.051 update (I'm currently running 1.05).

Short and sweet is I got charged for the Basic Elements Pack as well as one of the Campaigns, but I cannot unlock those features nor will Restore Purchases work. Trying to restore purchases does prompt for my AppleID Password, but there is no indication that anything was restored (No pop-up confirmation, features still not unlocked).

Please advise?
Thank you!

h0bd0b1in

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 10:34:32 AM »
Bumping this to avoid a duplicate post (because I'm an awesome forum user like that).

I'm running The Sandbox on an iPad Air 32GB WiFi only, iOS 7.1.1 and the last few versions of The Sandbox, the "Restore Purchases" button hasn't been working at all. Tapping it shows it's been tapped (the button is depressed then pops up again) but I get no password dialog to restore purchases through the iTunes Store. While it's not a big issue (I just go and "purchase" the content packs again if need be, they get enabled free because I've purchased before), it would be nice to be able to properly use this button on the iPad in future and for new users.

As a point of interest, it never worked on my iPad 2 WiFi + 3G either, but the button works on my iPhone 5. Perhaps the iPad interface doesn't have the responder set properly? *shrug*
Post helped? Don't forget to click the "Applaud" button to say thanks. :)