Author Topic: Tutorial: how to get your Free Mana Reward  (Read 26984 times)

Pixowl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Sandbox Game
Tutorial: how to get your Free Mana Reward
« on: July 16, 2012, 09:11:57 AM »
Hello everyone, we know some of you had or have some issues with the daily free mana, so here some pictures of what you should to get it.

1-First, you need to have push notifications enabled on your device

2-When you receive the notification, slide on it to launch the game from it

3-The game should open

4-Select "Free mode" and a message will appear saying "Glad to see you! Here's your free mana for the day!"

5-Enjoy :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 03:48:51 AM by Pixowl »

steveman0

• View Profile
Re: Tutorial: how to get your Free Mana Reward
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 05:53:56 AM »
The game doesn't appear in the list under the notifications page within the settings.  I've never seen any of the notifications although I've only had the game for two days.

Remi0327

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 06:42:00 AM »
I've had the game since May launch, and I have not had a single notification from it, though I've always kept them on. And I wonder if it's not an iOS 5.0 feature? I have 4.2.1.

Pixowl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Sandbox Game
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 08:46:40 AM »
I've had the game since May launch, and I have not had a single notification from it, though I've always kept them on. And I wonder if it's not an iOS 5.0 feature? I have 4.2.1.

Update your iOS, this should work.

Remi0327

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 08:04:34 PM »

Update your iOS, this should work.

Gen 2 iPod Touch can't update its iOS.

Anyway, I think my game is trying to compensate, it keeps re-awarding me achievements that I've completed previously, usually up to 5,000 mana.

Pixowl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Sandbox Game
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 01:25:39 PM »
Hello everyone,

There is a TIMER integrated into the game set on 24h, every 24h you get the push notification on your phone telling to get your reward.

Note that this timer is being reseted each time you launch the game, for example if you receive the message at 10AM, you open the game, get the mana, create a world and share it with us :) then leave the game, the timer is set to send the next notification at 10AM tomorrow. If you relaunch the game on the same day at, let's say 6PM, the timer is reset and will send the notification at 6PM tomorrow instead of 10AM.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 01:30:27 PM by Pixowl »

AnonUser1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 12:24:04 AM »
I cant find the push notification thing. Is it ios 5 only? And if so, can you make it ios 4 friendly? Im scared to update. My friend did and it wiped his ipod to factory settings

awesomenoah123

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 03:54:10 AM »
Does it need Internet to collect the free mana?

zehntaur

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 09:10:43 AM »
Hello! I was previously in the "not getting notifications even though they're on" camp. Thankfully that's no longer the case; however, I'm still not getting some mana packs for an unusual reason ...

Now that I'm getting (more) regular alerts (still not every day, but almost; a significant improvement from one every couple of weeks), I'm getting more mana packs, but:

If I miss the narrow ~5 second window between the alert coming up and my iPhone screen turning off, I don't get the mana pack.

I can unlock my iPhone and launch the app manually, but no mana pack is awarded.

Sometimes it launches directly into a custom world I'd been playing (no mana is awarded).

I've tried returning to the menu screen and launching a new Free Mode world (no mana is awarded).

I've tried force-quitting the app, and I've tried removing it from the recent apps list. Both, in a couple of instances.

The curious thing is, after I force-quit the app or delete it from recent apps, sometimes there's that red notification pog on the app as if I have in-app messages waiting! but even if I launch it then, no mana is awarded.

I estimate that I've missed out on something like 700 mana this way.

Yes, I have notifications on  :) (have done for a while now).

My iPhone is on OS v. 5.1.1 (latest).

I've been connected to a Wi-Fi network in every instance.

Is there something I can do so my daily mana pack is, in fact, daily?  ;D

Pixowl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Sandbox Game
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 11:40:55 AM »
Hello all

We've been noticing all the issues caused with the notifications not being received or being triggered but still not giving you some mana.
We apologize about those, during our tests notifications proved to be working correctly but we notice that they behave differently depending on device, os version etc.

We're working on fixing this and we will credit on the next update a significent amount of mana to all players.

We will also offer several alternatives to receiving FREE mana in the game through watching video clips or following us on Facebook.

We wish all of you a very good summer, enjoy your holidays and stay tuned in September for The Sandbox 1.05!

Pixowl

magma

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 10:41:46 PM »
Android GT-S5690, v 2.3.6, Lives in GMT +1 Timezone...
never seen a single notification to get free mana :(

P.S. i hate ads so i straight out refuse to get myself scammed with 'free offers' and i don't have a creditcard capable of purchasing anything from google play...